Who Should Attend?
Everyone involved in the life sciences innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem of MA should attend. This event is designed to inspire researchers, innovators, entrepreneurs, post-docs and graduate students throughout the Commonwealth to take their ideas to commercialization faster - whether it is through management, funding or partnerships. It is an opportunity to meet serial entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, angel investors as well as many top leaders who have created companies or commercialized technologies coming out of laboratories and ideas. The day's event will bring together the Commonwealth's leading researchers and innovators, along with top-tier management of biotech, pharma and medtech companies as well as the key life sciences funding sources including angels, foundations, venture capitalists, grant experts, Federal Government and philanthropists.
Who will you meet?
The day's events will bring together the Commonwealth's leading researchers and innovators, along with top-tier management of biotech, pharma and medtech companies and the key life sciences funding sources including angels, foundations, venture capitalists, grant experts, Federal Government representatives, state elected officials, state program managers, and philanthropists focused on cures. We'll supplement this high-octane group with consultants, lawyers and sector experts who can help you find answers faster.
June 3, 2008 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sheraton Boston Hotel
From Ideas to Industry - Creating the next generation of great products and companies from Massachusetts research in life sciences
Alnylam, Genzyme, BiogenIdec, Boston Scientific, Sirtris, Confluent Surgical. These are just a few of the multimillion dollar commercial life sciences ventures that have grown in Massachusetts based on innovative research undertaken in the State. Each started as a compelling idea and a few committed researchers and now improve the health of millions every year. Massachusetts Life Sciences Innovation Day is a first-of-its-kind event. It is a celebration of the achievements of some of the most creative and brilliant minds in the State, as well as an opportunity to inspire, educate and connect people in the Innovation and Entrepreneurial ecosystem.
We have an exciting program:
- Listen to keynote speeches by Nobel Laureate Craig Mello and Josh Boger, CEO of Vertex Pharmaceuticals
- A celebration of the work of Dr. Judah Folkman, the world leader in angiogenesis by Dr. Don Ingber of Children's Hospital Boston
- Walk into the Innovator's Marketplace featuring resources for all the aspects of starting a Company
- Dr. Phillip Sharp, Nobel Laureate, Professor, Massachusetts Institute of Technology & Co-founder of Biogen and Alnylam Pharmaceuticals; Jim Collins, Professor & Co-Director of the Center for BioDynamics, Boston University; and Christoph Westphal, CEO and Vice Chair, Sirtris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. discussing their perspectives on the next 30 years of life sciences development
- Gain insight into starting a company by listening to three major, recent case studies of significant business successes presented by Alan Crane, President & CEO, Tempo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and Venture Partner, Polaris Ventures and Amar Sawhney, Co-Founder, President and CEO, Confluent Surgical
- Learn from the industry's top investors as they provide live critiques of emerging technology ideas
- Network with a Who's Who of Massachusetts life sciences. Every major stakeholder in the Commonwealth in life sciences is involved in jointly organizing this event - including the major universities, research centers and hospitals
- Get answers to some fundamental questions - What technologies are currently emerging which have the potential to change the industry? What are the major problems and questions in life sciences that our researchers should be focused on solving over the next 10 years? Over the next 30 years?
- Poster presentations of cutting edge research from across the State.
· $180 Academics/staff at MATTO member institutions, and Members of MATTO, MBC, Mass MEDIC, TiE, MIT Enterprise Forum, CIMIT, and OPEN.
· $225 Non-members
· $50 Students and post-docs (ID's will be required at the event)
- $500 - Innovators' Marketplace Exhibitor (includes two attendees). Service providers will only be allocated space in the exhibit hall if they sponsor the conference - for a listing of sponsorship opportunities please visit our Sponsorship page.